Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Hike and a Bike

This past saturday Lin, Kathleen, Keri, Kendal, and I all decided to go for a hike in Port Hills about 8 miles from campus. So, the five of us hoped on our bikes and biked to Bowenvale Recreation Reserve a popular spot for hikers, mountain bikers, and runners.
We started on up on one of the normal walking trails than veered up towards Victoria Park. The hike was a little steep, but the views were incredible!

I'm not sure how long the hike took us because we took our time stopping when we needed to rest and enjoy various snacks and scenic lookouts.
(from left to right: Kathleen, Me, Keri, Lin)

When we got to the top we spent most of our time at the Sugarloaf Scenic Reserve. It look out over one of New Zealands may bays.

This is one of the most beautiful spots I've ever been, and if any of you get a chance to come out here I suggest you make this a stop on your trip. Not to worry for those who are not into hiking or biking because there is a scenic drive you can also take, that will bring you out to the same look out! We had a blast getting up the trail, and I have to admit the going down was pretty fun as well, but perhaps a little steeper at some points that I would have liked! I can't tell you all how much fun I'm having, and how incredible this place is. I love Peter Jackson, but even he couldn't capture the magic of this place on film. You have to be here to really understand what a special place this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment